Thursday, January 31, 2008

WELCOME 2008!!!!!

Pooh!!!!! That was indeed a long gap..... Nevertheless, I think I do not owe an explanation in my own webspace :) Jokes apart there were two main reasons for such a late attendance. Firstly, I could not think of anything on which I should write (nothing much happening or am I plain sulking) and secondly, as many of you would agree I was lazy :( Anyways whats gone is gone.
So whats new. 2008 is here. As usual at the start of this year we are expecting things to take a positive shape. All of us have a tendency to treat an upcoming year as the saviour grace to all of our problems and by the time half of it goes by, we find out that this was the worst year we ever had. Reason for this - not known. Why all the big hooplah over it. Its just another date yaar!!!! chill mar daru pee, naya bahana mila hai :)
On my front, a few things seem to be surfacing for the good. I'm all set to join a new organisation called Millward Brown International (http://www.millwardbrown.com/). No I havent changed jobs, not so early. Its a result of a collaborative relationship my organisation has with this company which is setting up in India. Its a good move because of the kind of work that would be coming my way, package and of course more future options in the area of marketing. Thats latest on the professional front.
There was an alumni meet that I recently attended at my alma mater IIFM, Bhopal. Although the alumni attendance was too sparce but I had other plans. The idea was to basically chill out and remind oneself of the good old days and that i did with utmost perfection. I would call it a trip to remember. Yes ofcourse the team was missing and had teh gang been there, it would have been not rocking, not fun but simply maddening and hysteric. At the end of the trip I realised I did myself a favour and am looking forward to more number of such visits back in campus.
The trip to Bhopal was also important as it made me realise what all I wasnt doing in my life and what all was missing and slowly fading away. The fun, bubblyness, charm, enthusiasm (in a nutshell kaminapan) seems to all fade out with time and lack of company. Am I too demanding as there are many other friends of mine who are in more challenging places without a lot that I already have and are not complaining. Maybe I am. But I just dont care. I am not perfect and I love it that ways :)
A lot of changes are expected in this year, maybe my location in Delhi; maybe no Delhi. All this is for time to tell. What makes it a happy note for me is the fact that the year has started on a good note and so again I like all others am expecting this year to be my saviour grace ;)
Here are a few things that I have planned to do this year;
1. Visit outside Delhi and meet friends more often
2. Indulge more in my own self in terms of the expenses that I incur on myself from my own earnings
3. Purchase a Royal Enfield motorcycle (something that I cant wait for)
4. Try my level best to move out of Delhi, probably to Mumbai
5. Be happy all the time no matter what comes my way.
6. Visit IIFM at least two more times this year
Well this list is very personalised so might not be interest to many but Hey dude, its my Blog ;)
Lets see how things shape up. As of now I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Assure you guys that my next post would be coming soon and not like the last one. Till then CIAO.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Better late than never...it seems that u have stretched quite a bit wrt resolutions this year.All the best rahega idhar se...n surely i ll enjoy the ride of ur Enfield someday putting on sunglasses...hehehe...Also,since we are living on streets so personal things have become more public than ever....Wish you could dedicate a post to Alumni meet...and hope u remember the promise u made last weekend ;-)
njoi re!