Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The Balance Sheet Effect

Assets = Liabilities. This was one of the first rules I learnt of accountancy in my school days. It stuck to me whenever I sat for an accountancy examination and was the guiding light. Never did I knew how true it would be for my life's balance sheet as well......

Those following this blog would know how many of the good news I have had to share amongst all. Those were good times for me when I thought now I was in control and nothing can go wrong. This was to be but not for long and my worst nightmares started to come true. THE BALANCE SHEET suddenly became unequal. So Mr God up there decided to equalise it and all my sand castles started to come down - one after the other. The happiness that came across was forceful - the balancing effect had double its force. It hit where it hurt the most. Probably coz in the entire euphoria, I somehow happened to ignore that there were fundamental problems with my castels - they were not water proof.

Actually I think this year for me has been very similar to the stock market..... Initial euphoria - Stock market rising..... Up Up Up (the initial 5-6 months of this year for me) and then suddenly came the satanic forces of the global crisis (US goofed up and the Indian market fell down - this analogy only a few would understand who know me well, so dont wreck your brains on it).

Still waiting for the stock markets to recover - maybe it'll be a different sector this time or a different country which pulls it up.

5 comments:

soumiksletter said...

As Asset is always equal to liabilities, ur life balance sheet will be always equal...I sincerely wish you all the Best for this....whatever turmoil happens or comes, Rajeev Singh will always Rock….We do believe this firmly.

Kavya said...

well...for Rajiv Singh balance sheet has always been a mismatch (right from Old Monk to mast Office Timings :)) and asset side has been higher than liabilities.....so hope this time too you end up having more of assets for you....by your next blog stock market will be hitting the roof sirji.

Jeet's said...

I never claimed that I know you completely but, yes I do believe, you are one of those who don't build castles in air so, i'm not worried much about what you have written about your Balance sheet. Sir, you won't like a bike having a good accelerator but no brake. you get your chance to Grrrrrrrrr, Grrrrrrrr.. again once you are done with this brake. This post shows me another aspect of yours :)

Kunal said...

:) first two posts ke baad aaj achanak aapka blog visit kiya gaya...kaafi nayi cheezein mili padhne ko...good hai..Bike Ride due rahega...Stock market up jaye ya down..aapne aise thematic fund mein invest kiya hai jo kabhi neeche nahi jaayega...Hearty wishes hain mitron ki taraf se as usual...chak dawange !!!

Anonymous said...

Asset !!!/????
Liability.....!!!!!!!!!!??????

Balance Sheet...////\\\\\

Ho Ho HO HO HO Ho Ho

...................we start from 0
...................we end in 0
0000000000000000000000000000000000
Why worry