Thursday, September 20, 2007

Utopia: It does exist

Well its really very late to talk on the subject but why not???? This post is dedicated to the most wonderful days of my life. My life at IIFM.

Whats the big fuss about this place called IIFM???? Every IIFMite on the net keeps bragging about it???? Well to this I'd say, you cannot imagine the Indian summer, its effect and its harshness until u've been there. Contrary to this IIFM would come as the first rain after this summer. Its more than a place on the map. You need to experience it to know what we're talking about.

Life @ IIFM started for me on a really funny note. I was one of the first ones to reach the campus. Once there, I saw a few people sitting in the lawn between the hostels and chatting. My Delhi University mind told me, this was something like ragging (I said to myself COOL!!!!) I walked up to my room and there was this guy from the lawn following me who said "JAB FRESH HO JAO TO NEECHE AA JAANA"(Once u've freshed up, come down to the lawn). The tone and the body language made me think he was a senior to me. Once in the lawn, I got to know he was no else than a batchmate. One who would be one of my closest friends and an iconic figure in IIFM. The great Sreekant Kumar.

Well that done, I understood that life was slow at IIFM and that was quite a shock to begin with but over a period of time we acclamatised to life there or rather IIFM acclamatised to our way of life. Some wonderful seniors, fantastic juniors and lifelong friends is what IIFM gave me. From playing pranks to bringing changes in the system, booze parties to saraswati pooja and Govinda, from wildlife in India to the future of corporates, worst fights to the greatest friendship tales; we did it all at IIFM. In a way sometimes, I feel IIFM is like the iconic hindi blockbuster SHOLAY. Its just a perfect mix. Something u'd like to experience over and over again.

Well all that we mentioned above is nothing new to any MBA institute. All of them do it. So what is it about this place. Introspecting a little, I came to the conclusion that IIFM allowed each one of us to learn and live management without being snobs. All of us kept our respective identities and never changed them. Shree babu is still the typical Bihari guy, Roby still confused, doped and musical, Tirkey still hasnt increased the rate of his speech delivery. What I mean to say is there were no airs about anyone, whether inside or outside IIFM. We were all tha same and probably that is what made life so damn cool at IIFM. Also its a wonderful place to be in which puts you in a fantastically peaceful state of mind. You need silence, walk down to any corner of the campus (Sunset point being the fav), you need commotion and happenings, what better place than the IIFM boys hostel and the most celebrated "BABA Mandalis".

Apart from all these, I love IIFM because it has given me the biggest reason to smile and grin wide and open in my life. Two really wonderful people whom I'll cherish all my life. One of them is a reflection of my one self but flip sided. He brings the storm in my life. The other one a more softer version of me, brings in the smoothness that prevents me from turning into a machine from a human. This is the reason why I love both these wonderful human beings. They reflect the two shades of me which when combined results in Dissented unisons.

2 comments:

Rahul said...

true
:)
soo true

Anonymous said...

"..IIFM allowed each one of us to learn and live management without being snobs..."

Agreed!

:)